The Number Of Times You Pee Indicates How Healthy You Are
We all think that just peeing right, may not seem like an important thing to consider. But we are wrong! It is very important in determining how hydrated you are. Namely, assistant professor of urology at the Mount Sinai’s Hospital’s NYC, Dr. Neil Grafstein can answer all our urine related questions.
The question is how often we should pee?
There’s no definite number how often we should pee. But many people tend to urinate at least four times a day. The maximum is seven times per day. Don’t panic just yet if you pee more than seven times. We should mention that your hydration and how you hydrate yourself are some of the several factors that can influence your urination frequency.
Firstly, you will pee more often, if you drink too much water. Also if you drink coffee, alcohol and other bladder irritants, expect to go to the bathroom more. Some people have sensitive bladders and that means they have to pee at the slightest urge. But there are also some people who can hold their pee until their bladders are about to burst.
Can we pee too often?
Unfortunately, you have a problem with pee frequency, if you pee 11 times per day or more after drinking two liters of water .Also too much peeing is due to an overactive bladder, which can be contracting more than necessary. The result of this is feeling the urge to pee a lot. Dr. Grafstein says that we can train our bladder. It is important to mention that we don’t have incontinence problems.
Other Facts that are Urine related
- Pee is 95% water;
- If you hold your pee you can increase the risk for infections of your bladder;
- See-through yellow is the normal pee color ;
- Holding your pee isn’t bad, unless it starts to hurt;
- Some foods have the ability to change the color of the pee. For Ex: blackberries can change it to pink;
- Your pee can be foul-smelling if you consume asparagus ;
- If you have sweet-smelling urine that is a sign of diabetes;
- The average stream of pee is about seven seconds;
- As you grow older your urine stream becomes weaker;
- Also as you age you pee more.
You should try not to drink more fluids if you are close to bed time, to avoid sleep disruption from the urge to pee.